UK team: Chris; Carol Jubb, Keiko Brouard, Tom; Friederike Pritty
European Co-ordinator: Jane Toresen
WHAT WE CAN DO:
We support parents in the matching process……
• by helping families to understand the guidelines and procedures involved in the matching process
• by supporting families and candidates in their preparation to start the matching process and make a
• by helping to find, fill in and submit all the necessary forms.
• by helping candidates and families in the process of finding other candidates.
• by acting as a mediator between two families
• by researching the situation of someone suggested as a possible match.
• by supporting families during the introduction and communication process.
• by encouraging and helping families to develop their network (friends and acquaintances)
• by mediating with the Blessed Family Departments in other continents.
• by supporting families who have tried, but do not seem to be getting anywhere.
• by answering any questions, you may have about the matching process.
WHAT WE CAN DO TO SUPPORT PARENTS WHO ARE EXPERIENCING DIFFICULTIES IN FINDING A PARTNER FOR
THEIR CHILD USING THE USUAL METHODS
• We have created a profile form to support parents who are experiencing difficulties in finding a partner for
their child using the usual methods. (– website, matching convocations and networking).
• We are developing a list of profiles of candidates who wish a little extra support and we will invest effort in
supporting them, and their parents, to find the right partner.
• All communication between Matching Supporters and parents and candidates is confidential.
• We respect the privacy of each applicant and their family and will not share information with others without
• We are in contact with the Blessed Family departments in USA and Asia and participate in inter-continental
webinars and networking meetings.
• We also support 2nd gen candidates over the age of 25 years. (The development of a ‘25+ workshop’ is a
result of that desire).
• Our job is not to match, but to connect people.
• Some tools to help parents in the task of matching of their children:
1) matching website: www.bcmatching.org
2)Parents Matching Convocations (European and International)
3) involving matching supporters and Blessed Families Departments in each nation